The IUAA Board of Managers is the governing and fiduciary board for the IUAA, Inc, a non-profit organization, and the IUAA Executive Council is an advisory council that recommends to the Board various policies and initiatives. Each spring, IUAA members have the opportunity to elect volunteers to the both of these bodies. We seek strong leaders to serve IUAA in these capacities.
Executive Council and Board of Managers Nomination
Criteria for Board and Executive Council Composition include individuals with:
- A demonstrated commitment to IU, alumni engagement, and serving others
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be a public advocate for Indiana University and to adhere to the vision, mission, values, and priorities of the Alumni Association and the University.
- Diversity of backgrounds and perspectives, as reflected in the racial, ethnic, geographic, age, sexual orientation, campuses, schools, personal interests, professional affiliations, and experiences of the volunteer body.
- A record of giving time, talent, and treasure, as evidenced by a history of alumni membership, volunteerism, and donating to Indiana University.
Suggested names for consideration can be submitted by current Board or Executive Council members, IU volunteers, staff, and friends. Although a call for candidates will be conducted each fall, names are accepted throughout the year.
To submit suggested names, submit the form below.
The Election follows IUAA Bylaws, Article V.
The Governance Committee meets each fall to consider suggested names and review the Nomination Form for the Executive Council and Board of Managers nominees. The Committee screens the names with the criteria and current needs. The Committee slates the appropriate number of individuals.
The ballot including biographical information of each nominee is presented in the Spring issue of the Indiana University Alumni Magazine. The Canvassing Committee will tally the votes and certify the names of those elected by the third Friday in April at 5 pm.
- At-Large Council members serve three-year terms.
- At-Large Board members serve three-year terms.
- Officers of the Board serve one-year terms.
All serve on committees as needed.
Contact Jacquelyn Beane at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The nomination period is currently closed.